Policies & Procedures
1.) Do not interfere with the teaching and learning of others.
2.)Respect the personal space, rights, and property of others.
3.)Follow the directions of all your teachers.
4.) Be prepared for class.
5.) Be quiet in lines, hallways, and restrooms.
To REWARD all students for good behavior I have the following in place from our Rewards board in the classroom.
Helper Day, Good Note Home, Homework pass
Our class can also earn class points toward a Pop Corn party for demonstrating positive behavior.
To address the need to stay on task I have also added a KICK BACK reward for groups of students that help our class work together. This is observer every Friday.
· Absences : If your child is absent, a note needs to be sent into school within three days. If we do not receive a note your child will be marked unexcused.
· Attendance: Your child’s presence is an essential component for academic and social growth. If a student is absent they will have 3 days to make it up once they return.
· Communication: Please feel free to contact us whenever you have a question or concern. You can reach me by phone or email. Check the contact form page!
· Gym: Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately so they can participate in gym.
· Homework: Students will have homework Monday-Thursdays.
· Newsletter: I will send home a monthly newsletter with the most updated information.
· Outside: We will go outside if the weather permits. Please make sure your child wears appropriate clothing.
· Progress Reports: They will be sent home at the midway point of each quarter.
· Report cards: They are issued every nine weeks. The Harnett County School System's Grading System: A=100 - 90 B= 89 - 80 C= 79-70 D= 69 - 60
· Snack: If you would like your child to have a snack, please send one from home. Healthy snacks only! No soft drinks or candy.
· Transportation: If your child has any changes in their transportation please let us know in writing. No phone call, or email transportation changes will be accepted.
· Visitors: All visitors including parents & relatives, must report to the office and obtain a visitor’s pass before coming to the classroom.