Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to 7th Grade!
Welcome to 7th grade Harnett Central Middle School students and families. My name is Emmy McLamb, and this is my 23rd year as a school counselor at HCMS. I am excited to be spending another great year helping students and parents navigate through the wonderful and sometimes challenging middle school years.
What does a School Counselor do?
School Counselors are trained and certified in counseling with unique qualifications and skills to address students’ academic, personal/social, and career development needs through the following:
- Individual and group counseling
- Classroom presentations/lessons
- Teacher/Parent consultations
- Liaison between families and community resources
- Assistance with 504s, McKinney-Vento services, Attendance, etc.
- Course planning for Middle School and beyond
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that may arise during the school year. My contact information is listed below.
7th Grade Counselor
919-639-6000 ext. 715
Student Counselor Request Form