We are working hard to meet grade-level proficiency in all areas of the standards.
The students are working with number bonds to support their knowledge of the two parts of a number that make up the whole number. We are working on mastery of addition and implementing subtraction.
The standards we are working to meet in Math are:
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
For a complete list of specific math standards, please visit:
As we work to meet our ELA standards, we are working every day on our writing. We have been learning how to identify the main and supporting characters in the stories, assign character traits to our characters, and we have been studying the relationship between the characters in the stories.
To find a complete list of standards for ELA, please visit: