Absent Work - Students have one day to make up work for every day they missed (2 days absent = 2 days to make it up)
Late Work - 10 points per day will be deducted from any work turned in late (1 day late = max grade of 90, etc.)
Extra Credit - 2 extra credit assignments will be provided every 9 weeks for each class. Students are responsible for completing the assignments on time if they wish to receive the credit. Students who do not complete the assignments will not be penalized.
What are the team rules and consequences?
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Ready
- Verbal Warning
- Silent Lunch
- Silent Lunch & Parent Contact
- 1 Day of In Room Suspension & Parent Contact
- Office Referral
- Special Activities
- Positive Parent Contact
- Positive Office Referral
Will we have homework?
The best way to improve reading skills is to READ! Therefore, you are expected to read each day in addition to the reading we do at school. Additional assignments will be given occasionally. You may need to complete class assignments at home as well.
Will we have a reading goal?
Yes, you will have a reading goal each nine weeks to help me check your comprehension in your independent reading. To reach your goal, you will read several books independently and then you will complete a project/assignment on the book. You will get these assignments on the days we go to the library.
What if I turn an assignment in late?
Turn in any late assignments to the pink tray near my desk. There will be a 10 point per day deduction in the grade.
What if I am absent?
When you return to class, check the calendar on the wall to see what we did while you were out. You can get any assignments from the makeup work tray or me. You will have 1 day per absence to complete and turn in work. Late makeup work will be handled in the same way as any other late assignment.
How do parents stay informed?
* Make sure you have access to PowerSchool so you can get up-to-date information on your student's grades. If you need access, please stop by the front office with an ID and Mrs. English will give you the paperwork to fill out.
* Make sure you have access to our Google Classroom! From there, you can see class assignments and check to see if your student has turned them in. If you need access, please email me and I will send you an invitation.
* Sign up for PeachJar! This is how our school be delivering flyers this year. Instead of passing out papers in class, flyers will be emailed to you. If you need to sign up, please talk to Mrs. English at the front office.
What is the grading scale?
Grading Scale: A 100 – 90 B 89 – 80 C 79 – 70 D 69 – 60 F 59 & below
Learning Activities (Classwork) = 30%
Independent Practice (Homework/Quizzes) = 30%
Unit Assessments (Tests/Projects) = 40%