As a HCMS Instructional Coach, my role is to work with teachers to plan, implement, reflect on, and refine their literacy lessons and procedures. Within this process, I'll:
- Actively listen in order to develop relationships with teachers and support their decision-making processes related to teaching and learning.
- Offer customized support to help teachers develop problem-solving abilities.
- Challenge teachers to try new strategies, explore new ideas in existing lessons, and make positive changes in their teaching styles.
- Guide teachers in their practices—help them set professional goals in instruction and encourage them to reflect on the development of their lesson designs.
- Provide motivation—remind teachers of their goals and support their efforts toward achieving them.
- Collaborate with teachers—develop a give-and-take relationship where each person has input in the professional conversation.
- Help teachers strategize and find effective ways to accomplish or change an instructional practice.
- Provide ideas for overcoming obstacles in instruction.
My knowledge of instruction and experience in education allow me to help with the “nuts and bolts” of everyday teaching life:
- Help with organizational skills
- Assist in the development of classroom management plans
- Collaborate on lesson development and design
- Procure resources for specific needs
- Inform teachers about upcoming educational opportunities