Welcome to the Maintenance Department
Our goal is to provide and assure that our schools, facilities and classroom environment are safe, clean and well maintained as we strive to contribute to the district’s mission of educating our children to meet the intellectual, physical, and emotional demands of the 21st century. We continue to look for tools and devices that will help in making the maintenance department more efficient in providing quality service.
The Maintenance department consists of five divisions which include Carpentry, Electrical, Electronics, HVAC and Plumbing.
The Maintenance department responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspecting buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well functioning
- Are well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all external contractors and collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Control activities like waste disposal, building security, new building projects, etc.