Degrees and Certifications:
- Liberty University
- Graduated with his Bachelors of Science in Elementary and Middle School Education
- Certified in the following:
- Middle School Science
- Middle School Social Studies
- By Phone: Just call the main office and ask for Mr. Saxon
- By Email: Use email@example.com
- Note: Please leave your name, your child’s name and your email for a voluntary behavior system for easy communication on the paper in the front of the classroom. This will only be used though should the need arise.
- Lists of things your student will need for my Science class:
- Paper. Lots and lots of paper.
- Pencils. Lots and lots of pencils.
- A 3 Ring Binder with Dividers where they can write their notes. With their lots and lots of pencils and papers.
- Pens. See above.
- Colored Pencils or Crayons, something to color with.
- Students will be using their provided laptop almost every day. [SO don't get it taken away for playing around on it!]
- This CTE class is project based
- There will not be as many grades as a normal classroom as students will have to present their learning to the teacher.
- Students will have notes as a grade, as well as have to show their attempts at work to prove they are working.
- Students will have a Engineering Journal
- Students will not lose a lot of points for failing.
- Students will lose points for lack of EFFORT
- Allowed, but only one ear bud in at a time, and during notes days, none allowed.
- No one should be able to hear your music/whatever/etc, so it is your job to control your volume level. Half way to max seems to be the best bet.
- Follow the school rules, and do your work and you’ll be fine
- Those that don’t, will most likely get their laptop taken away, and given a zero for the day, with no way to get it back.
- You have the internet
- USE IT.
- Don't care about them. Fix the problem.
Steps to Behavior Management
- See below
- Student conference [Will make attempt to contact parents.]
- Parent conference
- Referral to guidance
- Referral to administration
- Should student fail to follow directions, Mr. Saxon may have students spend up to 3 days in silence lunch, working on work relevant of the class to make up for their behaviors.