Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Cavita Byfield
Meet Ms. Byfield!
I am Cavita Mellisa Byfield. I was born in the parish of St. Ann in beautiful Jamaica. I joined the Lillington Shawtown Elementary School's family in August of 2015 as a part of the Visiting International Faculty (VIF). I am a graduate of The Mico College and the International University of the Caribbean, in Jamaica, where I completed a diploma in secondary education specializing in Social Studies and History and a Bachelor's Degree in General Primary Education, respectively. In summer of 2015 I completed a Master's of Arts Degree in Educational Supervision at the Western Carolina University through its Jamaica Program. I have been an educator as a classroom teacher since September 2005. I was promoted to senior teacher in March 2011 and have supervised activities at Grade Five from September 2011 to July 2015.
Since I started working here at Lillington Shawtown, I have served on the fifth grade team, where I taught Guided Reading for the 2015 - 2016 school yaer. I have now been teaching on the third grade team since August 2016.
GOALS FOR MY STUDENTS
As an educator, the following are some of my goals for my students:
- Create innovative lessons
- Transform my classroom into a dynamic and exciting learning space
- Gather relevant information about my students and use it to drive instructions in my classroom
- Create safe space for expression
- Create a classroom environment that depicts the world as a global community
- Celebrate effort rather than outcome
- Celebrate diversity
- Cater to multiple intelligences and abilities through differentiated instructions
My qualifications include:
- Diploma in Secondary Education (Social Studies & History)
- Diploma in System Administration
- Post-Graduate Diploma with a Professional Qualification for the Principalship (PQP) (pending)
- B. Ed. General Primary Education
- M.A. Ed. Educational Supervision and Administration