Media Center Student Hours
Due to COVID Restrictions - The Media Center is currently closed to students.
Media Center Rules and Policies
- Students must sign in when entering the media center.
- Food and drinks are not permitted.
- Students may check out three books.
- Books are checked out for two weeks.
- Students may charge phones in the designated areas (during lunch only)
- Phones may not be plugged into computers.
MEDIA CENTER MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Overhills High School Media Center is to empower students to become critical thinkers; enthusiastic readers; skillful researchers; ethical users and creators of information; and effective users of traditional and new information technologies in order to equip students to be life-long learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing direct instruction in information literacy
- Promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- Reinforcing common core objectives and essential standards through collection development and collaborative teaching