WELCOME TO THE MEDIA CENTER
Click on Overhills High School
Once in Destiny
Click login in the upper right corner
User Name: Student id#
Media Center Student Hours
- Before school
- During lunch
- After school Tuesday - Friday until 2:45 PM
- (Note) Student union is open in Lab C110 until 4:30 PM, Tuesday-Friday for computer use
- During class with teacher permission and pass
Media Center Rules and Policies
- Students may check out three books.
- Books are checked out for two week intervals.
- Students may charge phones in the designated areas (during lunch only)
- Phones may not be plugged into computers.
- Students must sign in when entering the media center.
- No food or drinks are permitted.
MEDIA CENTER MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Overhills High School Media Center is to empower students to become critical thinkers; enthusiastic readers; skillful researchers; ethical users and creators of information; and effective users of traditional and new information technologies in order to equip students to be life-long learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing direct instruction in information literacy
- Promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- Reinforcing common core objectives and essential standards through collection development and collaborative teaching