THS wants everyone participating in our graduation to be aware of Campbell University's updated Security & Safety Policies for our 2022 Graduation Ceremony, as they have changed significantly as compared to in the past.1. There will be NO DROP OFF AVAILABLE for families at the front of the venue and there are a LIMITED NUMBER OF HANDICAP PARKING SPACES available. Families are encouraged to arrive early if they need special parking accommodation (e.g. handicap parking). Handicap parking placards are strongly encouraged to be displayed upon arrival on campus and those spaces will be available on a first come, first serve basis.2. Campbell University has a “CLEAR BAG POLICY” for all of its Athletic Facilities. This includes the John W Pope Convocation Center where the Harnett County High School Graduations will be taking place. Please review below so you will be familiar with what is allowed to be brought into the facility. Security will enforce this policy at the entrance to the facility.
JOHN POPE CONVOCATION CENTER CLEAR BAG POLICY
Campbell University Athletics has implemented a clear bag policy that regulates the size and type of bag that may be carried into all Campbell Athletics facilities, including Barker-Lane Stadium, Jim Perry Stadium, and the Pope Convocation Center/Gore Arena.
Fans and guests are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the new policies before arriving at the venue to minimize time spent searching bags at security checkpoints.
BAGS THAT ARE APPROVED INCLUDE:
Clear tote bags made of plastic, vinyl or PVC that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
One-gallon clear plastic zip-style bags
Small purses or clutch bags that do not exceed 6.5″ x 4.5"
Medical or diaper bags must be accompanied by a child
ITEMS THAT ARE NOT PERMITTED INCLUDE:
Printed pattern or tinted plastic bags
Camera or binocular cases
Large purses or bags
No Food or Drinks
No pets (only service animals only)
Emotional support pets are not allowed
Weapons of any kind3. All families of graduates will need to enter through the front doors of the Gore Arena. No one but the graduates and school personnel will be able to enter through the rear of the building. The doors to the auxiliary gym will be unavailable for entry, so everyone authorized to be in that area will need to enter through the loading dock entry area at all times.
Please log into your harnettstudents.org Gmail account, and look for an email from MARCHING ORDER to set your Password and get started claiming your TEN (10) Graduation Tickets. You may click "VIEW" to be allowed to print each uniquely numbered ticket OR "EMAIL" to send them digitally to guest emails.
Triton High School Graduation:
June 9th: Line up—12 pm; Ceremony begins—1 pm
Senior Dates and Information-Spring 2022
1. LAST MINUTE CAP AND GOWN ORDERS
- NOW!!!! It may take up to 3 weeks to deliver and you may not get it in time for the senior class cap and gown picture.
- Shipping costs have increased and will increase more and more if you wait to order later.
- YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE CAP AND GOWN CLASS PHOTO if you don’t have a cap and gown.
2. Cap and Gown Delivery Day
- April 05, Tuesday (lunch) Herff Jones will be here to hand out caps, gowns, invitations, etc. in the commons.
- You will be sent a payment envelope with the balance due. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Only cash or Money Orders will be accepted by Herff Jones at the school or you may pay online at www.hjconnection.com at least 24 hours prior to the day of delivery.
3. Senior Class Cap and Gown Photo (This is the large group photo, not the one of individual people.)
- April 20, 2022
- Around 9:30 AM--The photo will be taken at this time. DO NOT BE LATE. You will be dismissed from class around 9:15, in time to get to the field and get lined up.
DO NOT PUT A HOT IRON ON YOUR GOWN—IT MAY DISCOLOR IT. Instructions for getting out wrinkles are on the outside plastic bag that the gown comes in.
- Location—Be in the football stadium lined up as the following. (In case of rain, we may move to the gym.)
- Beta students with WHITE stoles in the front of the line shortest to tallest—IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GET YOUR STOLES FROM YOUR BETA SPONSORS PER THEIR INSTRUCTIONS. (If you do not have your stoles then you cannot sit in the front three rows. No one will have gold honor cords at this point. They are not distributed until the night of graduation after all final grades have been calculated.) All Beta Club students should wear dress shoes!
- All other students should line up by height, with the shortest in the front and the tallest in the back.
4. Prom (refer questions to Mr. Bryant)
- May 7th 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Location—The Shrine Building in Dunn
- Prom forms due by April 29th to Mr. Bryant
5. Yearbook Distribution (refer questions to Ms. Strickland)
- To Be Announced
- During 4th block
- Auditorium—seniors will line up in the cafeteria and march in.
6. General Classroom/Subject Awards Night—May 19th 6:00 PM
7. Senior Scholarship Awards Night
8. Baccalaureate (must be planned by Senior Class Officers with input from Fennell and Harris)
- June 5th 7:00 PM
- Location: Triton Auditorium
- Inspirational ceremony with a guest speaker. Not mandatory. Parents and guests are welcome.
- Line up at 6:30 PM in the cafeteria.
- Attire—Graduation Gowns (no caps)
9. Graduation Practice and Picnic—Mandatory
- June 7th 9:00 AM Location: TBA
- DO NOT ENTER into the academic building on this day unless you must go to the office to pay fees. Be sure all books, fees owed, etc. have been taken care of before this date.
- Location: Meet in Triton’s auditorium. We will line up and then move to the gym to practice graduation.
- At this time you will receive your tickets for your guests to attend graduation. Graduation Announcements purchased from Herff Jones are NOT invitations to graduation. Admission is by ticket only. All graduates will receive the same number of tickets—NO exceptions. Please plan ahead about whom you will invite. Everyone must have a ticket, including children no matter what size or age.
The Senior Picnic should start around 11:00 AM after graduation practice.
June 9th Line up—12 pm Ceremony begins—1 pm
Location: Campbell University John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center (admission by ticket only)
- Cords will be distributed at this time. NOTE: No one will be allowed to wear cords or other emblems of recognition except those sponsored by Triton High School. If you are offered an opportunity to purchase/receive such items through outside companies or organizations, please be aware that you will NOT be allowed to wear them at graduation.)
- A photographer will photograph each senior as they receive their diploma. No one is allowed down front to get photographs during the ceremony. Graduation pictures will be available online approximately two weeks after the graduation ceremony.
- Reminder: Graduation Announcements are NOT invitations to the ceremony. Please plan ahead about whom you will invite. All graduates will receive the same number of tickets—NO exceptions. Everyone must have a ticket, including children no matter what size or age.
- Please discourage guests from bringing children. This is a very long ceremony.
MISPRINT ON GRADUATION TICKETS Printed or Viewed Prior to May 19th, 2022:
It has been brought to my attention that there is a misprint on the graduation tickets stating that children under 7 do NOT need tickets.
EVERYONE must have a ticket to enter graduation.
I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
- Attire—Traditional Sunday attire worn under gowns; NO shorts, NO tennis shoes, NO flip flops, etc
- Females—Dress, skirt, dress pants, dress shoes, etc
- Males—White shirt, dark tie, dark dress pants, dark dress shoes.