Volunteer Needs at LSES
Volunteers are needed more than ever due to budget cuts to our education system. Erma Brombeck once stated, "Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish care, patience, and just plain love for one another."
Our children need us. We need to help them be successful in school and life. We cannot allow the great teachers at LSES to carry out this task alone.
Please carefully consider volunteering in one or more of the following areas:
- Help set up learning centers
- Prepare bulletin boards
- Help check homework folders
- Assist in the EC Classrooms
- File paperwork
- Listen to students read
- Reinforce vocabulary
- Help students improve writing skills
- Tutor one-on-one
- Check books in and out
- Assist students with selection of books
- Assist with book fairs
- Assist with organizing and re-shelving books
- Chaperone field trips
- Assist with Merit Day activities
- Serve as a room parent
- Help with PTO fundraisers
- Proctor tests
If you are intrested in becoming a volunteer, click here for more information about registering. Thanks for helping our students succeed.